Are you wondering what is eBIRForms? The Electronic Bureau of Internal Revenue Forms (eBIRForms) is a software you can install on your desktop. It was developed by none other than the Bureau of Internal Revenue or BIR with the intention to allow taxpayers to conveniently and easily prepare and file their taxes. Learn more about this method below:
How is this system different?
Unlike before where computing and filing-up were manually done, now, tax computation and tax return filing are automatic which you can just do any time of the day. You do not need to go to BIR’S main or satellite office because it can now be done online. The primary purpose of this endeavor is your convenience.
The offline eBIRForms package and online eBIRForms system are the two components of eBIRForms. The former is for preparing and submitting taxes while the latter is for filing your taxes online.
Who needs to use it and who is exempted from using it?
You can use eBIRForms if your company is not mandated to use the eFPS or Electronic Filing and Payment System. Notably, there are certain companies that are required to use eBIRForms. However, even if you’re not required, you still have the choice to use it, especially if you don’t want to do it manually. Those that are required to use the eBIRForms are the following stakeholders:
- Filing for ‘No Payment Return’
- Accredited Tax practitioners
- Real Estate agents and developers
- Local Government Unit except for Barangays
- Corporations owned by the Government-Owned or Controlled Corporation
- EA and LWUA registered cooperatives
- TWA or Top Withholding Agents
- Accredited receipts/invoices printers
These are some of those who are exempted to use eBIRForms:
- Compensation income earners
- MSME or Micro Small Medium Enterprises
- Senior Citizens and people with disabilities who want to file their income tax return
Again, even if you are not mandated to use eBIRForms, you can still take advantage of this system to avoid manual tax filing. Get help with BIR problems and solutions with the help of certified public accountants who can check for tax compliance.
What are the forms covered?
It covers 36 BIR forms under the following categories:
- Excise Tax Forms
- Value-added-Tax or VAT Forms
- Percentage Tax Forms
- Withholding Tax Forms
- Income Tax Returns
- Documentary Stamp Tax Forms
- ONETT Forms
- Payment Form
How do you file taxes using eBIRForms?
Here’s a quick step by step outline on how you can use these forms:
- Download and Install the latest package. You can find it on the BIR website. You can also use this link: https://www.bir.gov.ph/index.php/eservices/ebirforms.html
- After installing, open the software by clicking the icon of the eBIRForms.
- Fill out the necessary details like your RDO code, TIN, email address, active contact number, registered address, etc.
- Select what type of BIR form you want to file and click fill up.
- Fill out all the required information. You may check and replace inaccurate information as well.
- After filling out all the information required by the form, click ‘validate’ on the lower part of the form.
- Once the validation is successful, click ‘save’ and carefully review the form.
- Proceed and click ‘submit/final copy’. Remember to have a stable internet connection when you submit to avoid unsuccessful filing.
- When you’re done filing, save the tax return that was successfully filed for safekeeping.
- Once you’ve received an email titled ‘Tax Return Receipt Confirmation,’ save a copy of it as proof of the successful filing of tax. And now, you are ready to pay through online payment facilities or through Authorized Agent Banks (AABs).
Preparing and filing taxes may be an intimidating task especially if you are not an accountant or if you do not have knowledge about taxation law. Good thing, the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) has developed this software to help make filing taxes easier and more convenient for taxpayers.
If you want to make sure you’re on the right track, get in touch with our team today. We can help you with accounting, bookkeeping, and auditing. Most of all, we are abreast of BIR problems and solutions to help ensure your tax returns are compliant with all the recent mandates of the law. Get in touch with us and take advantage of our free 30-minute consultation. With the right guidance, you can prevent mistakes on your tax dues and avoid hefty penalties from wrongful computations and insufficient supporting documents.