If you’re eligible for EFPS Payment, here’s what you need to do to pay tax dues online. Remember, it’s vital to have proper bookkeeping and accounting to ensure you’re tax compliant and have the necessary supporting documents.
Modes of Payment
Check out these acceptable modes of payment:
- Bank Transfer/Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT)
- Tas Debit Memo (TDM)
- Tax Remittance Advice (TRA)
Things to Consider
The tax payments are only for successfully filed Returns through the E-Filing System. There will be a reference number produced by the filing module which will be used for determining the Tax Return Information for the e-payment. The system does not handle tax payments of banks that are filing as taxpayers.
- Filing Reference No.: It is a control number provided by the EFPS after successfully filing a Return.
- Online Confirmation No.: It is a control number generated by the Transacting Bank’s Internet Banking System to confirm the payment of tax.
- Acknowledgement No.: It is a control number provided by the Depository Bank. It is used to acknowledge the crediting of payment to the Bureau of Treasury Account. This control number is included in the batch file generated by the Depository Bank at the end of the day.
- Batch Confirmation No.:It reconfirms the tax payment and is included in the batch file generated by the Transacting Bank at the end of the day.
- Transacting Bank: A bank that has met the BIR requirements to accept tax payments done through the EFPS, which holds the taxpayers’ accounts.
- Depository Bank: A bank that BIR accredited to hold the Bureau of Treasury Account.
- Electronic Fund Transfer: An electronic transfer of money from one account to another account. Through systems that are computer-based, this could be done within one financial institution or across multiple institutions.
- Tax Debit Memo: Legal authority allows the utilization of the Tax Credit Certificates to pay for customs duties and tax obligations. Without a duly approved Tax Debit Memo from the Department of Finance, TCR cannot be utilized as payment to the Bureau of Customs and BIR.
- Tax Remittance Advice: It is a document with a serial number used by NGAs in the remittance of withheld taxes on funds provided by the DBM. It is attached to withholding tax returns that are filed as payment for taxes withheld. Tax Remittance Advice is the basis for the BIR and Bureau of Treasury to record in their respective books of accounts the taxes collected.
How to Use the System
Operation of Keyboard
The operation is standard. The <TAB>, <Shift + TAB> keys are used to move from one field to another field. It can be used to input data to the text boxes (usually the white ones). <Alt + Down> arrow key can be used for combo boxes to drop down the combo list.
Operation of Mouse
The operation is also standard, allowing focus on a specific text box. The cursor will go to the first input character automatically when you click anywhere inside the text box. The combo boxes and date options are also done the same way.
It is the main screen of the system. When paying, you must observe the following:
- If you are filing your ITR through the EFPS System, click the ‘Proceed to Payment’ button at the bottom of the filing screen, and the payment form will appear. You may then proceed with your payment transaction. Note that the return information appears default on the Payment Form.
- Upon display of the payment form, the payment transaction number which is a reference number for your transaction will be generated.
- Choose your mode of payment: Fund Transfer, Tax Debit Memo and/or Tax Remittance Advice.
- To complete your payment transaction, input all the required information after choosing your mode of payment.
- Fund Transfer – Choose a Transacting Bank and a Depository Bank and include the amount to be paid.
- Tax Debit Memo (TDM) – Provide the Tax Debit Memo Number, Tax Debit Memo Date, Amount, and Tax Credit Certification Number.
- Tax Debit Memo (TDM) – Provide the TRA Amount, Department Code, Agency Code, and Fund Type Code.
- After you completely filled up the necessary information, click the ‘Submit’ button. If you want to disregard your entry, go back to the previous screen and click the ‘Cancel’ button.
- When you click the ‘Submit’ button, your payment instruction will be sent to the Transacting Bank and you will be redirected to its Internet Banking Site.
- The Bank will provide a confirmation number signifying your successful payment transaction.
If there is an invalid date, incomplete data when clicking submit button, or if the sum of Fund Transfer and Tax Debit Memo Amount entered exceeds the amount due, an error message will occur. Should you need assistance or advice on BIR problems and solutions, give our accounting and bookkeeping professionals a call.